Official Cocktail Competition
For 2018, bar professionals from across the country can submit their best recipes for cocktails showcasing products by The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley to become the Official Cocktail of BevCon Los Angeles. The theme of the competition is California Inspired* and should reflect this in the overall creation of their submitted cocktail. Bartenders are challenged to come up with something craft and original based on this theme. Recipes will be judged on cocktail name, appearance, aroma & garnish, taste & flavor, craftsmanship, incorporation and utilization of The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley product, and and interpretation of the theme.
A panel of national judges will narrow the submissions down to five finalists and from there select an Overall Winner. The winner of the competition will be provided a travel stipend to attend BevCon, three-night stay at The LINE Hotel, an All-Access pass, and a full-page profile in the Official Program. The winning cocktail MUST be served by the winner at the Welcome Party on Sunday, August 19 (final location and time TBD) and onsite at the LINE Hotel during a break during the Learning Sessions (date and time TBD). BevCon will provide all the ingredient and product needed to prepare the cocktail at both events and will provide staffing assistance, if needed to prepare and serve the cocktail.
All Los Angeles area bar professionals entering the contest will also be judged for our “LA Favorite” winner category. This winning cocktail will be selected with the same criteria and will be showcased at the Closing Event—Let’s Get Lit on Tuesday, August 21 (time and location TBD). An All-Access Pass will be provided along with all ingredients and product needed to prepare the cocktail. **NOTE: The overall winner and LA Favorite could be the same person. Winners will be notified by mid-July of the results.
Along with detailed instructions on preparing the cocktail all competitors MUST submit a photo of their cocktail with entry. There will be a People’s Choice based on the number of likes on Instagram. The winner will receive a day pass to attend BevCon.
- Recipe must include use of at least one (1) Perfect Purée flavor.
- Recipe base spirit MUST be a spirit that is involved in BevCon.
- Use of any mixers (purees, syrups) or products similar to The Perfect Purée will disqualify recipe entry.
- Recipe must include theme of “California Inspired*”:
- edgy and forward
- Submissions must be original creations.
- All ingredients should be easy to obtain or make without a lot of difficulty or expense.
- Entrants must post a minimum of one (1) social media post and tag @theperfectpuree and @bevcon2018 and hashtag #theperfectpuree and #bevcon18 prior to June 30.
- Entrants must submit a recipe with detailed instructions for making along with a photo of finished drink. Photos can be sent to email@example.com.
- Contest is open to professional bartenders currently working in a bar, restaurant, or beverage industry, at least 21 years of age who are legal residents of the US.
- Entrants must provide full contact information including first and last name, company name, title, address, email address and phone number.
- Samples of The Perfect Purée can be received by visiting
By submitting your recipe to the contest, you grant BevCon and The Perfect Purée permission to publish and promote your recipe on social media, e-mail, online and media outlets.
Timeframe and Submissions:
Submissions are accepted until June 30, 2018 at midnight.
Official Recipe Entry Form